Today our English teacher Dee gave us an assignment to create a Journal and register every day a thought or something that happened on that day. I really was not expecting it, and I thought it was really nice. She said that is not a log as in "today I woke up at seven, drove to school, bla bla bla", but just a register of thoughts and more single, well developed, ideas. I remember the first time I heard about that as an exercise was in my Philosophy class with teacher Onesimo, to write five minutes of anything down.
It is weird to be back in school after the break, and not painting this time. But the first day is more like an exiting change, where you find out who are the new teachers and how boring (or not) the classes are going to be. And you always have the good news of good teachers and interesting stuff to learn, and the sameness of other things. But after all, everything looks better on the first day, where you are not stressed about homework, finals or anything.
We started to learn a little about grammar today. I liked to see more well detailed how English works, since I learned most part of it in an intuitive, baby-like way. And listening to her very simple explanations about the basic parts of grammar made me wonder how the other people are listening and absorbing the knowledge. Being bilingual is something really weird that not even I can understand. Is start counting one to three in Chinese, four to twelve in English and thirteen to thirty five in Portuguese and not even realize it. After you are, there is no way back of thinking in one single language. It is almost like being languageless, your thoughts being only ideas not related to words anymore.