It's funny how my situation here is weird: I planned and worked to manage to come here, pay a heck lot of money for college, to take 20 credit hours of hard classes, work as much as I can (which includes as much and more than what I want several times) to not make actually that much of money because of the immigration restrictions. Plus the leaving the family, friends and life in Brazil. And all that by choice. Then I meet people here that pay less than half of what I pay for college, take less classes, easier, and complain about the teachers, the tests and studying. Then don't work or work just a little to be able to maintain the car their parents gave them, and still complain about work and not having free time.
In other words, they have everything, but never had to work or accomplish anything for it. It's just out there, cheap and easy for them to take. So they wont give value for it, and they will careless. Unfortunately, teenage in America is ending up to be this superficial, unreal world. Even though recession shook it up a little, it didn't (and wont) change much. Let's see where this goes....