Sunday, May 31, 2009
School is almost over!!! I can't wait!!! The college system (not in the whole USA, but in Ohio University) works in quarters, which is almost the same as the Brazilian "trimestre". The school year start around September for the fall quarter. Then, a little before thanksgiving you have a quite long vacation, or class if you want, which are the winter intersession classes. In the beginning of January, the winter quarter begins. With only one week for a break, the spring quarter starts (which I am in right now). It will end in a couple more weeks. After that, you have the summer I and summer II quarters. You can have classes (if you want to graduate earlier, or if you failed a class), a lot of people do. You have classes from 8:00 until 17:00 straight, every weekday. It's crazy. Then everything starts again. But I don't have to worry about summer session... I'll be in Brazil :)