Monday, June 8, 2009

Here in campus we have a "cafeteria" called The Zone. The place is really nice to hang out (besides the light bulbs they use that you can bake your food under it while you talk, which is another good point I guess...) but fails selling food. What I would expect is something like what they do in the college my brother goes to in Brazil: $1 meals for students. Simple food, big plate, simple drink, and swallow it down. That's what I would expect from a college food place, some crappy cheap food for poor college students. Well, our cafeteria does half of it, but not the cheap part. It's crappy expensive food. I have to give some credit for their pizza, which is not actually a pizza, and not actually good, but also not actually expensive. But they overcharge like crazy, like our bookstore. I think the University should do something about it. Give the lease to another company to install there! They are already in a really privileged place, with a well defined market, in big number and out of town (there's nothing around here less than 10min driving). Instead of them being nice, at least a little bit, counting the fact I pay 13,000 a year here, they stab you mercilessly (in Brazil when people overcharge we say they stab you). I think that's immoral. And if they are going to do it, they could at least hire a good cook, huh?