Saturday, June 6, 2009

I was listening to the radio a show called The Bob and Tom Show. I love it and listen to it every morning. One of the days they were talking about something like a guy's speech in the graduation. I don't really know because there was a really pretty girl walking on the sidewalk and I got lost, almost wrecked, and lost my focus. But anyway, in the US, graduation is like passing the torch. The honored older generation will pass its legacy to the future of the country. Americans have a lot of that (for Brazilians, graduation = party). And it was saying that the baby boomers, the generation that fought wars, dealt with terrorism, now will pass to the next generations... a debt. A big fat one.

OK, a better subject: I remember how when I was in Brazil one of the big topics was "we can't be owned by the Uncle Sam! Pay off the IMF (International Monetary Fund)!!". Well, I got more good news: we are not owned by the United States anymore! Hooray! Now we are owned by China!
Think about that, Brazil was in debt with the US. Now US bankrupted and who threw the life saver was China. But now US and Brazil are both trying to keep their heads above water (think of the US as a really big fat guy that naturally floats - human body fat density is about 0.918g/cm/cm - and the Brazilian struggling to stay above water, but kinda used to it since it has been such a long time, and imagine the Chinese guy in a yacht).