"Theater is life; film is art; TV is furniture"
I tried to search who's quote this is, but I couldn't find it.
And now I was thinking how far can this quote be true? With how many more things?
I'm realizing how computer is also furniture. I've always been a computer guru since I was a kid. But I've never had the interest of getting a computer-related major for college. Even though I work with it, and use it probably for 40 hours a week (or maybe a lot more) to talk to my family on emails, to update the blog, webcam, mic, research, youtube, facebook... so many things in this one machine.
TV is probably the most furniture of all. Couch potatoe will always be the worst disease (wide spreaded in the US). And now with the TV shows in the computer on demand, TV will soon lose it's space (OK, maybe not).
I think I'm just losing faith on our western civilization's culture and future. Not only because the baby boomer's administration got this fatal fail right now (I'll talk about this later). I think because I live in the United States now, I kinda see this culture as a close preview of the other countries' cultures too. The East I think is the only thing that can save us. The problem: China has too many cell phones now.
I, angel Gabriel, bring good news to thee. The prophecy says that thou shalt not be afraid. Thine distorted mind shall be saved by the few verily friends from the East. And culture will be true, and suffering shall be seen no more, neither in mind, neither in soul.