Last week I lost my laptop. I was with the hope of finding it... Then it started to fade... So now it's gone. It was an oldy cripple Dell, didn't worth much (since the screen was almost broken). But the price to replace it is a lot more than I would like. The funny thing is that yes, I miss it, but not much. Here in the US the ratio is probably 7:1 for computers per family... maybe 3 computers per peson. I don't know, but it's pretty high. Right now I'm using my girlfriend's* laptop and in a room with about 20 more desktop computers. Plus 5 in the other building, because they are remodeling the library (almost rebuilding) and then it will have 40 more I guess. And in the library right now they have 2 laptops that you can check out for a day. And the more I stay without that computer, the more I see how now important it really is.
I remember I heard (I think my dad told me) that computers will be "ready" when they work like the other appliances, like TV or microwave. You press the power button and start using it. Press to cook 2 potatoes and it starts right away, instead of having to load the potatoe plug in, lol.
*I almost did a typo saying "I'm using my girlfriends' laptops", lol. But of course this is not true... not all of them have laptops... I mean... typo... I'll stop here...