Monday, June 8, 2009

Today I was painting here in OUL and I heard "dez e quarenta e cinco...". At first I didn't care, since I understood. Then I realized that I just understood because it was Portuguese! So I just yelled: "Brasileiro?", which means "Brazilian?". They said yes. It was a guy and his mom, he took the placement test to study in OUL. What are the odds. Then we talked for about half hour (Brazilians talk a lot) and I already invited him to a party and everything. Cool people. But it was nice to remember how Brazilians were. We act so differently than Americans, simple stuff that make a big difference. Ask my girlfriend, lol.
This guy was nice, and I never saw a situation like this: his parents are Brazilian, he looks Brazilian and his name is Brazilian. But he was born in the US and has a heavy American accent on his Portuguese. Weird, but cool. I'll be sure of how much Brazilian blood he has on him in the party.