Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Welcome to sping...

Today we had snow! Isn't it great and beautiful? No, not really. Before I came here to the US I always wondered how was snow and how it looked like. Snow ball fights, snow angels, white Christmas... Like in the American movies. Then I got here, had a blast, froze my butt off. Then I got a car. And snow is not that pretty when you don't have time to enjoy it. Or when you start worrying if the water in your coolant reservoir in your car freezes up and some hose blow up. Even worse when you drive on ice storms. When I was an exchange student two years ago I saw a snow storm. I didn't go to school and didn't drive. Now I'm a college student. College doesn't cancel. I went to work. Drove and almost got in five wrecks while I didn't have the car insured. Now it's a different point of view. But ice and snow still looks pretty in the pictures I took, when I'm looking at it in my house during a Brazilian 55-degrees-Fahrenheit winter...