Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For the first time in quite a while I am actually studying instead of procrastinating. It is funny that I am realizing I was more afraid of Chinese than anything else. How stress is so psychological! Just to sit down with calm and actually study, now it looks like it's so much easier and it feels like I'm in a baby class with a baby subject (of course I wouldn't dare to go too many units ahead in the book). I just set to myself that "I don't have time; I can't understand; it's hard" and that stops me, making me not have time, not understand and then going to class and find it hard. What I think made me stress out more throughout the quarter is that the teacher is a native speaker, and don't have much experience teaching. I think we are his first try. And once I asked what something meant and he said "How you don't know that? You should know it. We learned it in the last unit. You should know it". It's funny, teacher and student end up being a really close relationship in the learning process. The learning process happens when both parts work well together. So if I don't learn, who's fault is it? I would say both, and in different ratios for different cases, but still both. And also when I learn I would say both. What do you guys think (if there is actually someone reading this blog, lol)?