Yesterday at work I was just clicking around on Ohio University Lancaster's website and somehow I ended up in the tuition and fees page. For those who don't know, we have three quarters every year (trimestre in Portuguese) and for each quarter I get something like the following bill:
$1,500 Tuition
$1,500 Non-resident Surcharge
$22 Generation Fee
$3,022 Total for this quarter
And I'm in a regional campus in Lancaster, which is a lot smaller than the main campus and doesn't offer as many classes or majors. But if I transfered to the Southern regional campus, my tuition would be the same and my Non-resident Surcharge would go down to $400.00! Making me save $3,300 each year! Without scholarships or any aid!
And then what do you think: "Well, probably is cheaper because it's smaller..." No! Lancaster offered 320 classes this quarter. Southern offered 350! And they have more majors, including Computer Science, which I would be interested on doing!
Now the real question: "What the f-word are they doing with the extra thousand in Lancaster? Shoving up their a-word?" And I really have no idea. And they probably have no idea. But that's how it is.